Just another Smith?!

When I first moved to Corbett 14 years ago, everyone asked me if I was one of  "THE" Smith's? I had no idea just what that meant. Well, now I realize that the Smith name in Corbett is as well known as the Mershon's, Baker's or Evan's. One of the "Founding Families" around these parts! Jeff Smith was born in a Gresham hospital and once he came home, has never left. Literally. Except for vacations, he told me that he has never lived anywhere else, ever. Married 26 years now to his childhood sweetheart, Cindy and Jeff have 3 kids and they all live up on Loudon Road on acreage. One of Jeff's favorite things about the home that he designed and built is the western view they are able to enjoy. Many a beautiful sunset has been seen from their strategically placed windows. Asked about a favorite Corbett memory, Jeff spoke to me about not having any power for 3 weeks straight. In the winter of 1968-69, there was a huge snow storm and school was cancelled for 3 weeks, with snow drifts as high as 15 feet in areas. His mom used the wood furnace to cook up some baked potatoes to feed the family. On the flip side, Jeff tells me his favorite Corbett event is the July 4th celebration with the warm sunshine and everyone gathering at the school. On a personal note, I have found Jeff to be the very BEST resource whenever I have a Corbett LAND issue/question. As a logger, he knows this area like NO other. Currently Jeff is coaching the Varsity boy's basketball team. Go Cardinals!