ONE YEAR Anniversary for the "Corbett Connector" blog!!

Just WHO IS the "Corbett Connector?!" As the middle child of five, I have moved literally ALL OVER the United States with my family. Both my folks married young (17 and 21) and college was not a reality for either given their economic background. Working hard, having a strong faith in God and sharing with others were the most important "lessons" my parents raised us with. My name is Michelle Carter Smith and I have moved 14 times since birth. I learned quickly to speak up and reach out in order to have friends in all our different locations. Playing sports nearly all my growing up years, I never excelled like my brothers, but always tried really hard and had a good time. I was voted "most inspirational" instead of bringing home any blue ribbons! After working hard to get through four years of college, I became a nanny on the east coast while my husband (and the only boyfriend I ever had!) finished his degree. After we married in 1987, we saved for a down payment for our first home in Troutdale. Giving birth to two sons, I was a busy/active mom. Nine years after moving to Troutdale, we landed in paradise, I mean...Corbett! Being a stay at home mom like my own, I also waited tables two nights a week in the summers at Tad's Chicken 'N Dumplins Restaurant on the Sandy River. Volunteering extensively in the Corbett schools and community, I wanted our two sons to understand the importance of "giving back." Just before our oldest son, Scott left for college, I began a new chapter in my life. After much thought and prayer, I became a Realtor. NO regrets! I have had an opportunity to meet some of the most wonderful people ever, which is why I began my blog.  THANK YOU to everyone that has given me their time and "story." I am just getting started! We have had OVER 18,000 "hits" on the website this past year. I will continue interviewing and blogging. Recently I also began collecting names for starting a no-cost "Corbett Connector Directory" that will include any business, club or organization that is Corbett based. Just let me know if you wish to be included!