INSPIRATION from Mr. Clarence Mershon

When my husband Barry and I moved to Corbett sixteen years ago with our two sons, I found myself to be quite fascinated with the place! Having moved fourteen times all over the U.S., I had never previously lived in a rural location. First of all, WHERE the heck were our neighbors?! I could only see one home from anywhere inside or outside of our home. And then there was the pasture...we had no CLUE who/what to put out there....and even less of a clue as to how to care for anything other than a cat or dog! I can laugh now, but back then I had to LEARN what a septic tank was all about as well as heating our home with a wood stove! And by the way, the first night I went running and Barry said to be sure and get back before dark, I quickly understood WHY. Not only are there no sidewalks, but there is not a single light post to be found. When night time rolls in, it is DARK out here!! Soon after moving in, I was able to come across some of Clarence Mershon's books about the history of Corbett. Fascinating!! Recently diagnosed with cancer, Clarence said he is happy to have me share excerpts from his many Corbett history books with you. I am going to switch up my blog and focus on some of the historical fun FACTS about this wonderful place that so many of us get to call home. NEVER did I even dream of becoming a Realtor, but six years ago I began learning about many, many homes in Corbett, and I will be blogging about those as well. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to start this "new chapter" of my blog. Check back soon, and often. HERE WE GO!! :)