Leaving a Legacy in Corbett

This week I did something out of the ordinary- I purchased a burial plot for my husband Barry and I. Over the last seventeen years I have been to the Mt. View Cemetery numerous times with my children and by myself. I find it to be a most beautiful spot to reflect on the short life time we are granted here on earth. This past week I made the commitment with Barry to invest in a spot that will  represent the legacy we hope to leave in our little community that we have grown to love and cherish.
Mountain View Cemetery was originally owned by Thomas Evans, a Corbett pioneer. Evans farmed produce and planted prune orchards as well as served as the first president of The Columbia Telephone Company. Located between Smith and Evans Road in Corbett, this small cemetery is now managed by Metro. The cemetery was founded in 1888.
The cemetery is open each day of the week from 7 am until sunset. Photography and videography is restricted to scenes of the landscape, nature and architectural designs. There is no tobacco, illegal drugs or alcohol consumption allowed on site. There are no pets allowed, even on a leash. One is not allowed to burn incense or candles at any time and artificial flowers are not allowed between March 1 and Nov. 15 except for the three weeks of Memorial Day remembrance.
Many infants, young children, teenagers, men and women are laid to rest in this little cemetery. What I find to be interesting is the fact I have been able to recognize numerous names of folks that have gone before me. What I want to ask myself is, what kind of a legacy can and WILL I leave behind in this fabulous community that my family has the privilege of calling home?