Sue Moore's Pandemic Face Masks

As companies downsize, many people have found themselves drawing unemployment.  My Corbett housemates have experienced having their hours cut or have been laid off completely.  Even though they have an emergency fund, they don't want to just sit around and collect unemployment.  They like to earn their own way, feel productive and have a sense of community.

I woke up Friday morning and thought, "OK, it's time to get the sewing machines out".  The country needs masks and the suppliers on Etsy can't keep up with the demand.  I told Jake (one of my housemates) about my plan and asked, "are you in?".  He didn't hesitate to say "YES".  Morgan, (another housemate) was still at work but agreed that she wanted in on this project also.  I am working from home for a company that is doing well, so I don't need the additional income but like to feel like I've made a difference in someone's life.  I have over 35 years of sewing experience and love creating things with my grandma's old, black Singer.  

Masks:
We researched the masks that were being sold on Etsy and researched how to make them on Youtube.  We created our first pattern. We built several prototypes and found the areas that needed improvement.  We have concluded that there need to be three sizes in order to prevent a gap at the cheek. Our masks have 2 layers of high-quality quilting fabric and one layer of soft cotton flannel next to the lips.

Size Chart:
Measure from tip of the nose to where the ear attaches to the head (at the ear lobe).
L = 7" or more
M = 6"
S = 5.5"

The prices on Etsy seemed high to me, but when I calculated the price of shipping, supplies and time to create, we all agreed we could sell them for $9.99 each.  (We have them priced on Etsy a little higher to cover free shipping.)  Our prices are a little low, but we feel good about them.

These masks ARE NOT medical grade.  I wear mine over the top of my N95 mask to prevent my N95 from getting soiled.  But they are much better than going out into public without a mask at all.  Even if it's to keep your hands away from your own face until you are able to clean your hands.

We now have an assembly line in our healthy, smoke-free

home to assemble these masks.  Our inventory is growing and we have 10 masks in use now.  We have made a few adjustments since our first prototype and feel that we can supply a mask that is easy to use, easy to wash and even fun to wear.

My contact info:
503-710-8593 text is best, but I can take calls
P.O. Box 416, Corbett, Or 97019

Payment methods accepted:
Venmo, Paypal, cash, check 

Can deliver locally or Leave at a location (market, church if open) pick up at our home.  

This is one of my Etsy links:  (I have several)